- SCRAP – SCRAP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to inspire creative reuse and environmentally sustainable behavior by providing educational programs and affordable materials to the community.
- VooDoo Donuts – Cash only, open 24/7
- Drive By Right To Dream Too – Right 2 Dream Too is a nonprofit organization based in Portland, Oregon. The organization, known for establishing ahomeless camp on private property in October, 2011 in downtown Portland (Northwest Fourth Avenue and West Burnside; adjacent to the paifang of Old Town Chinatown), is supported by Right 2 Survive, another Portland-based organization that “works to empower and inform the homeless population”.(Source, Wikipedia)
- Powell’s City of Books–Powell’s City of Books is a book lover’s paradise, the largest used and new bookstore in the world. Located in downtown Portland, Oregon, and occupying an entire city block, the City stocks more than a million new and used books. Nine color coded rooms house over 3,500 different sections, offering something for every interest, including an incredible selection of out-of-print and hard-to-find titles.
- Powell’s on Hawthorne– From appropriately funky beginnings in a slightly funky neighborhood, Powell’s on Hawthorne has grown into the largest used and new bookstore on Portland’s east side. Get coffee here.
- Ruby Jewel Ice Cream – Ruby Jewel creates extraordinarily delicious ice cream for all to enjoy. Every flavor is carefully hand-crafted daily in our North Portland kitchen using the best ingredients thoughtfully sourced from farmers and food artisans in Oregon and around the Northwest. Family owned and operated since 2004, we are committed to supporting our local community, economy, and limiting our impact on the environment wherever possible. Scoopin’ hours: Every day, 12 – 11 pm. Mississippi Ave. Scoops | 3713 N. Mississippi Avenue, Portland, OR or West End Scoops | 428 S.W. 12th Avenue, Portland, OR.
- Imelda’s Shoes and Louie’s Shoes for Men – My super awesome brother works here. Sometimes I like to drop by and annoy him. I browse, but end up buying from them online when I have the money. 3426 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214
- The Waffle Window – on Hawthorne, attached to Bread and Ink, sooooo good!
- Whiffies Pies: Food Cart with Peanut Butter Chocolate Pies. 1204 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214
(503) 946-6544 (Part of the soon to be closed in October 2014 Cartopia. Read this article.)
- Knittn’ Kitten – Vintage yarns and fabrics. 7530 N.E. Glisan St.Portland, Oregon View a Map (we are on the Bus 19 route) Tuesday–Saturday 10am to 6pm Call us at 503-255-3022
Places I want to go:
- Salt and Straw Ice Cream – We’re Salt & Straw, Portland’s farm-to-cone ice cream shop. Our ice cream is handmade in small-batches using only all-naturaldairy with the best local, sustainable and organic ingredients Oregon has to offer, as well as imported flavors from small,handpicked farms and producers around the world.
- Twisted – A Yarn Store, 2310 NE Broadway St. Portland, OR 97232 503.922.1150 Open 7 days a week from 9am-8pm.
- The Grilled Cheese Grill – The Double Decker Bus 113 SE 28th Avenue Open Daily 11AM – 4PM Open Saturday until 8PM Closed (503) 206-7018 Wednesdays, also two other locations.
*(Sources: Descriptions are copied straight from the webpages linked. As I have time, I will submit my own reviews of each place.)
Recycled yarn place
Where do you like to go in Portland?